Monday, March 3, 2014

(Not So) Recommended Reading

As part of my certification, I needed to read 3 books off of CBI's required reading list. (As a side note, if I go on to take another one of CBI's courses, my communication assignment and test scores will be transferred, but I will need to read additional books. No sweat) I had already read many of the books on the list and own a few, but in order for the books to count they needed to be read after the course started. Which was fine, because I was going to read a bunch of books anyway.

I requested pretty much every book on birth from the library and dove right in. I've read many already, below are a couple that I don't recommend (stay tuned for books I *do* recommend)
  • The first book was Child Birth (Opposing Viewpoints). It irritated me from the very beginning because no matter what the authors opinion was they had data (and a personal experience, of course) to back it up. The biggest thing I learned from that book is that you can find "evidence" to back up ANY claim you have! When I was about 3 chapters in I looked at the approved list and noticed this book wasn't on it, so I put it in the pile to return without a second glance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments/thoughts!